Well it is now two months of round ups this year . Last month I managed to review 13 books the same as January taking total to 26 books under review this year . I also read two new to me press books Noir press who are bring us Lithuanian lit to English for the first time . Then Belle Vue press an american press that published The attempt . Ten countries covered last month , I managed to read six books for Pushkin press fortnight , I also have one more to review next month . !2 of the 13 books are translation the one non translated work is my first to be for the Burgeess100 celebration of Anthony Burgess .
- Breathing into Marble by Laura Sintija Cerniauskaite
- The attempt by Magdalena Platzova
- His name is David by Jan Vantoortelboom
- Echoland by Per Petterson
- Our Lady of the Nile by Scholastique Mukasonga
- The French Father by Alain Elkmann
- The Crew by Joseph kessel
- Bird in a cage by frederic Dard
- Summer before the dark by Volker Wiedermann
- Dear reader by Paul Fournel
- The mystery of the three orchids by Augusto De Angelis
- Trenor of Intent by Anthony Burgess
- The buddha’s return by Gaito Gazdanov
Book of the month –
I loved this tale of the last summer before their worlds all change these great writers at various points in the career are caught in the Belgium seaside and my favourite from Pushkin Press fortnight .
Books read –
You can follow what I have been reading on instagram I am a few books ahead as ever of what I am reviewing but with a few long books coming on tbr pile I hope to catch up and be back on par by end of this month .
Non Book discovery
A second new record shop in Chesterfield called Vanishing point I imagine after the film or primal scream track selling second-hand vinyl and CDs . After a year or two with no record shops and from four at one point many year ago it will be nice to have another place to spend time browsing .
How was your month ?