Well I m a bit late doing this ,but this is due to my darling wife needing a minor op over the weekend so time for blogging has been none unfortunately ,but did read some books as I was waiting with her .so June I managed to get through ten books last month with a few on go as well so the books are –
- beauty and the inferno by Roberto Saviano (italy)
- The skating rink by Roberto Bolano (chile)
- The new Moscow philosophy by Vyacheslaw Pyetdukh (Russia)
- As though she were sleeping by Elias Khoury (Lebanon)
- Antipodes by Ignacio Padilla (Mexico)
- Lizkla and her men by Alexander Ikonnikov (Russia)
- Please look after mother by Kyung-Sook Shin(South Korea)
- Hear the wind sing by Haruki Murakami(Japan)
- Waiting for the wild beasts to vote by Ahmadou Kourouma(Ivory Coast)
- Hidden camera by Zoran Zivkovic(Serbia ) -started in may finished today but due at library so put in june’s total
So that is it nine countries read and to be truthful hard to pick a favourite this month as they were all good in their own ways but I ll say the beauty and the inferno is a book we should all read .As for the state of the blog I m trying to get regular post’s and finding it harder this year need to find my mojo again .
Total so far for the year is 64 the same as June last year so still on course to match last years total as I read more in summer any way like reading in natural light easier on my eyes .
Half year –
Well I ve read books from 26 countries so far this year which keeps up the Idea behind Winston’s dad bring the world through the everyman ,I ve had a number of great interviews so far this year this is something I m going to carry on doing mainly round translation .I m worried I ve lost some consistency with posting this is due to my poor time management I need to work on this as I ve a huge pile of unreview books backing up ,I feel my posts are getting slightly better I ll never be a star but I m trying to make them more than earlier reviews .so if you’ve any thought tell me .thanks for following my blog .
July’s plans –
Well I m going to read a number of english , american and ANZ fiction books in July and August .I ve books I brought piling up and a few I ve been sent ,some I think will be in Booker long list due in three weeks ,plus want to read USA by John Dos Passos to give me time to catch up on reviews at well over a 1000 pages it will take me two weeks time to catch up I think .
What are your plans ?