Four jobs I ve had in my life –
- Barman – worked in a busy pub when I was 18 ,great fun at the time .
- packing person – I work in a german factory packing things ,it was boring but great fun as co workers mainly students and refugees so wonderful banter .
- bike repair man – this also in germany in a charity workshop ,learnt how to fix a bicycle .
- support worker – current job I love it ,great to see what good we can do for the people we support .
Four books I would read over and over –
- Ring of Saturn W G Sebald – A book that gives every time you read it .
- Ulysses by James Joyce – I feel I could read this a hundred times and still not get fully !
- The complete Holmes – I read a bit of him every few week a short story here and there ,I watch the films all time ,just love Holmes .
- Don Quixote by Cervantes – a book for sure I m going to reread over the years .
Four places I ve lived –
1.Poyton where I grew up til early teens a small village on edge of peak district
2.Alnwick – famous for its castle featured in Harry potter films and its home to barter books one of the UK largest secondhand bookshops which opened whilst I lived there .My flat was just behind the castle on the non pretty side .
3.Kleve – home of anne of Cleves and the german artist Joseph Beuys ,a pretty town centre and great market .
Four books I would recommend –
1.Underworld by Don DeLillo – a wonderful insight into 20th century america .
2.Suitable boy by Vikram Seth – like underworld but about india and four families there .
3.Fado by Andrzej Stasiuk – A journey round eastern europe post communism .
4.The plague by Albert Camus – The full spectrum of human life in this book .
Four places I ve been –
1.Donegal – I stayed in a thatched cottage with family ,my dad goes back every year or two. A peaceful place with great cliffs and wonderful beaches .
2.Torquay – spent my honeymoon with the lovely Amanda here .
3.Elie – spent my youth here on beaches ,walking playing sport with my younger brother at our grans
4.portugal – I love the place been once want go again !
Four favourite foods –
1.hand made pasta in a simple tomato sauce – mmm
2.soda bread – toast with cheese on .
3.wheaten bread with jam .
4.salmon with a nice salsa .
Four favourite drinks –
1.coffee – dark with out milk ,most of all double espresso with a good creme on top .
4.colheita -Andresen is brand I ve drunk in past ,a gift from my younger brother .
Four places I d rather be right now –
1- nowhere at home with Amanda at moment best place to be .
2. Elie – A place full of happy memories for me .
3.Torquay – same as Elie our honeymoon .
4..in a bookshop .
Four thing special in my life –
1. Amanda – most important thing in my life .
2. Family – got some great family .
3 . Winston – he is a one-off and may be naughty some times but love him all the same .
5 . Books – a fifth thing they are important but family is more so !
Thanks what would you choose