Here is the longlist I got one from what I predicted at weekend .
- Beside the Sea by Veronique Olmi; translated by Adriana Hunter (Peirene Press), French
- To the End of the Land by David Grossman; translated by Jessica Cohen (Jonathan Cape), Hebrew
- Red April by Santiago Roncagliolo; translated by Edith Grossmann (Atlantic Books), Spanish
- Kamchatka by Marcelo Figueras; translated by Frank Wynne (Atlantic Books), Spanish
- The Sickness by Alberto Berrera Tyszka; translated by Margaret Jull Costa (Maclehose Press), Spanish
- Fame by Daniel Kehlmann; translated by Carol Brown Janeway (Quercus), German
- The Secret History of Costaguana by Juan Gabriel Vasquez; translated by Anne McLean (Bloomsbury), Spanish
- Visitation by Jenny Erpenbeck; translated by Susan Bernofsky (Portobello Books), German
- Lovetown by Michal Witkowski; translated by W Martin (Portobello Books), Polish
- Gargling with Tar by Jachym Topol; translated by David Short (Portobello Books), Czech
- The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk; translated by Maureen Freely (Faber), Turkish
- Dark Matter by Juli Zeh; translated by Christine Lo (Harvill Secker), German
- I Curse the River of Time by Per Petterson; translated by Charlotte Barslund with Per Petterson (Harvill Secker), Norweigan
- Villain by Shuichi Yoshida; translated by Philip Gabriel (Harvill Secker), Japanese
- The Journey of Anders Sparrman by Per Wastberg; translated by Tom Geddes (Granta), Swedish
This year’s longlist .from book trust .
well I ve only read two ,some othes I have mentioned on other post .I ve two more hopefully winging there way in the post to me.Hope read some more if time .
What do you make of the list ?
what was your favourite translation last year ?