Well that flew by doesn’t seem five minutes since new years day and here I am at the last day of the month well ,I ve read a lot of Italian novels this month as planned .so here is what I read this month
- 2666 by Roberto Bolano (Chile)
- Hare with amber eyes by Edmund du Waal (uk)
- Norwegian wood by Haruki Murakami (Japan)
- Khirbet Khizeh by s. Yihzar (Israeli)
- If on a winter’s night a traveller by Italo Calvino (Italy)
- The Luneberg variation by Paulo Mauersig (italy)
- The leopard by Giuseppe Di Thomas (Italy)
- Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco (Italy)
- The tartar steppe by Dino Buzzati (Italy)
- The fugitive by Massimo Carlotto (Italy)
- A song for carrying water ,collected Somalia tales (Somalia)
- My dead dad was in ZZ top by Jon Claser(us)
Twelve books was three better than Last January and enough to keep me on track ,need to catch up on reviews but time has got best of me this weekend .
2666 & if on a winter night a traveller – two modern great that I d been scared of reading but enjoyed both for different reasons both still have me thinking 2666 in particular as I struggle to capture what I felt for the book .
February plans –
The country of focus this month is South africa ,I plan to tackle some more african books this month as well and another Bolano and Murakami ,Plus planning for a special announcement that will come tomorrow and be planned over next month ready for March .
What did you read last Month ?